Sunday, December 18, 2011

99 words...


I quite often find myself listening to the excellent Radio4 programme “Something Understood”. Last Sunday and this morning, it has consisted of a pair of programmes which deal with the question: “if you had breath for no more than 99 words, what would they be?”. It’s presented by Liz Gray, who had found herself limited, forced into a strange period of enforced retreat by a whiplash injury and this was the question that had come to her mind. She began asking friends, colleagues, artists and political figures she admired, and gathered together a collection of 99 responses which has recently been published. I think I need to get myself a copy.
They also make fascinating and beautiful radio programmes.
PS: today is the last day you can listen to last week’s episode.

No comments: